Kiambu County building approval rates (How to get building permit).
Kiambu County Building Approval Process and Rates
Kiambu county building approval rates and process summarized here. Here is the steps;
A) Obtain a survey plan from Survey Kenya
You need to visit the Survey of Kenya offices in the Ministry of Land departments to obtain a survey plan. A survey plan from Survey of Kenya is a required document when applying for a building permit. This process takes one day to complete.
B) Submit the drawings online on County eDevelopment Application Management System
NOTE: The following documents are required here;
i. Architectural drawings
ii. A survey plan from Survey of Kenya;
iii. Ownership documents
iv. Up-to-date rates payment receipts.
v. Structural plans (for maisonette/commercial/apartments)
The Architect (registered in the county online portal) submits all the structural and architectural drawings for approved using an online platform eDevelopment Application Management System . These are the steps;
- Register with County self-service portal
- Submit the plans
- Pay for permit fees. The County Council will issue an invoice that must be paid, this can take up to 2-3 weeks to be obtained
- Obtain architectural plans approval notification
- Submit architectural plans for signing
- The drawings are reviewed by all relevant departments simultaneously. Once the structural and architectural drawings are approved and are signed by the planning officer.
- Obtain authenticated architectural plans and construction permit
Building Plan Approval Fees
Building permit fee is based on the size of the building and done per square metres/fts . The fees includes:
- Building plan approval fee
- Construction sign board fee
- Application fee
- Inspection of building
- Occupation certificate
We can help you in the approval process. Talk to us today. Call/WhatsApp +254722888721HPD Consult . firstname.lastname@example.org