Building Plan Approval :A Complete Guide to County Approvals
Building Plan Approval
Approval of Building Plans is a process undertaken by county government to ensure that buildings are constructed safe for human habitation and as per the Government’s planning control. There are 3 approvals done in Kenya: Namely:
- County Government Approvals
- NEMA Approvals
- Project Registration by National Construction Authority (NCA)
COUNTY GOVERNMENT APPROVAL REQUIREMENTS
Most counties like Kajiadocounty, Nairobi , Kiambu County or the County Government of Machakos will need the following requirements for Building Plans Approval
- Authentic Ownership Documents (A copy of the Title Deed and the current official search from the lands office)
- At least five sets of building plans for the Architectural Drawings and the Structural Engineers Drawings
- Copies of the Architect and the Structural Engineer’s valid practicing Licenses.
- Land rates clearance
- Approval fee (determined by the drawing)
Upon submission of the above documents, approval process begins should be 14-21 days to have the documents certified.
Building Plan Approval Fees
Building permit fee is based on the size of the building and done per square metres/fts . The fees includes:
- Building plan approval fee
- Construction sign board fee
- Application fee
- Inspection of building
- Occupation certificate
Approval permits are usually for 2 years after which they will require to be renewed afresh. Same case for approval permits for change of user.
HPD Consult , email@example.com