Container Houses in Kenya
Container Houses in Kenya; Tips before setting up
Here we highlight key tips to note as you go for a container house ;
- Make sure you buy containers that are in good condition and that you see them before purchasing.
- Make sure they have not been used to ship hazardous materials like toxic chemicals.
- See if you can get the newest ones available, like a one-trip container sometimes they don’t cost that much more.
- Know the relevant regulations in the area where you want to build planning, zoning, and building codes.
- Use a contractor or contractors who have previously worked with containers.
- Learn how to properly insulate your containers to keep out cold air and the elements like rain.
- Make sure the containers you purchase are structurally sound, in other words no rust, cracks or too many dents.
- Make sure they were not sprayed with toxic chemicals such as pesticides or disinfectants.