3d Epoxy Floors; Advantages and Disadvantage of 3D Epoxy Floors
3D Epoxy Floors; All what you need to Know
The 3D Epoxy technology is gaining increasing popularity. It has been used more and more in shopping malls, halls, offices, homes and apartments due to its creativity and high performance. This is the latest fad in the fancy floor world.
Epoxy 3D floor installation process involves laying down a layer of self-leveling primer followed by the desired image. This is then treated with a transparent two-component epoxy or polyurethane to give the perfect image depth. A level of protective varnish is the final step.
Installed 3D Epoxy Floors gives the perception of depth and is impervious to all sorts of damage that would usually affect floor decorations.
3D Epoxy Floors Installation
Installation of 3D Epoxy Floors floor murals requires a lot of experience and does not tolerate even the slightest error, so the best option would be to hire a professional contractor.
How Much It Costs
The installation of 3D epoxy flooring is a complicated and lengthy process and usually takes 3-7 days.
The 3D epoxy flooring price depends on many factors such as substrate condition, total square footage and system complexity etc. The durability and lifespan are also two major factors to determine 3D epoxy flooring price. High grade epoxy floor materials would be more expensive.
In average, 3D epoxy flooring installation costs Ksh.4000-6,500 per square metre. A complicated design will require more work and a higher cost of installation. The smaller the area of the floor, the more expensive the cost will be.
3D Epoxy Floors – Pros and Cons
Like any other flooring, epoxy 3D floors have both advantages and disadvantages. The positive characteristics of epoxy 3D floors are:
- Epoxy 3D floor has stunning visual effect. In addition to the gorgeous appearance, it can visually solve many problems of the room interior because of the unique aesthetic qualities
- High strength – Epoxy is virtually impervious, and highly resistant to acids, chlorine and other materials such as bleaches and daily cleaners.
- Easy maintenance – Epoxy 3D floor has no seams, joints, cracks, pores and gaps make the 3D flooring is absolutely immune to any kind of dirt, dust, water and chemicals.
- Safe and hygiene friendly – Epoxy 3D floor does not accumulate dust and do not create a favorable environment for a variety of pathogens / bacteria
- Fire resistance – Epoxy / polymers do not burn, it is one of the reasons that the coating used in manufacturing, warehouses, hospitals, child care centers and other places where increased control of fire safety are needed.
The Drawbacks of epoxy 3D Epoxy floor
- Hard to install and take time to cure – professional contractor and equipment are usually needed to properly install epoxy 3D floor. It takes 3 to 5 days, sometimes even longer to be fully cured.
- High cost –not enough professionals are available in the market, and demands for fashion spectacular floors are high. Popularity increases the cost; the materials themselves are not cheap either.
- Cold floor – epoxy 3D floor is as cold as tiles or concrete, so you should consider where best to use them.
If you are interested in having such in your home,business premises, talk to us.